We are seeking an experienced Warehouse Lead at our Forest View, IL location. This position’s primary role is to coordinate freight loading consolidation, monitor safety guidelines and supervise a team of 2-3 forklift operators. This position also serves as first contact and report of all injuries and accidents, as well as any other employee related issues that may arise.
Ideal applicant has 2 to 5 years of warehouse experience working in a logistics terminal with one to two years of supervisory experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license (CDL Preferred)
- Must have 2 years supervisor experience
- Must have 2-5 years logistics experience
- Must have general knowledge of DOT regulations and local labor laws
- Must be able to read/write and communicate effectively in English
- Must be able to utilize computer database and send out e-mail notifications as needed
- Must be able to trouble shoot, forecast and minimize delays based on proper planning
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment
- Must be able to safely operate forklift
- Must be able to ensure all logistics related paperwork is filled out correctly and finished on time
- Must be able to conduct team meetings as necessary to improve warehouse performance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs